Monday, February 08, 2010

Solution for all of World's Problems

Problems!
 
Who doesn't have them? I do, you do, every body does,
 
Being the idealist that I am, I wondered if all the problems can be solved by one answer, panacea for everything???
 
I believe there is, it is talking -  simple isnt it?
 
But you may argue, talking has caused so many problems for every one?
 
Yes you are right I should correct myself it is right talking. talking  - the lack or excess if it can be a problem but not right talking.
 
Its an awkward word like world peace but it actually has a lot of meaning and I have a simple way to follow it.
 
I use 4 gates before I talk.
 
1. Is it necessary
2. Is it true
3. What effect do I want it to have? will it have that effect?
4. How would i feel if im told the same.
 
According to my experience many things that I want to talk may not cross the third gate, and if it really crosses the 4th gate then I look like the MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI to anyone whom I'am talking to.... bcos they are usually profound... kidding atleast intelligent...
 
It was extremely difficult the 1st month to cross the 1st gate - remember Dalai Lama's words, why waste your breath to speak when you can just nod.
 
I was silent as an Owl for the first month...
 
 
Try it, I feel better now, Most of my problems are under control, may be yours will be tooo.
 
Rishi

 
 

2 Comments:

At July 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Blogger Aswini said...

Hey Rishi,

The first time I read this post, I thought its impractical. For me, it's almost impossible to argue or talk.
I read this post several times, and tried it, got used to it and happy with it. "Problems in control" now.

Ashwini N

 
At July 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Blogger Aswini said...

Hey Rishi,

The first time I read this post, I thought its impractical. For me, it's almost impossible to argue or talk.
I read this post several times, and tried it, got used to it and happy with it. "Problems in control" now.

Thanks,
Ashwini N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home